Shri B.G.Mallya, General Manager (Incharge), Southern Railway conducted a meeting with Hon’ble Members of Parliament belonging to both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, representing constituencies falling under Chennai Division on 16th November 2021.
- The Hon’ble Members of Parliament who attended the meeting were Shri T.R Baalu, (representing Sriperambudur Lok Sabha Constituency), Shri T.K.S. Elangovan (Rajya Sabha), Shri A.Navaneethakrishnan (Rajya Sabha), Shri R.S.Bharathi, (Rajya Sabha), Shri Kathir Anand (representing Vellore Lok Sabha Constituency), Dr T.Sumathi (A) Thamizhachi Thangapandian (representing South Chennai Lok Sabha Constituency) Shri G.Selvam (representing Kanchipuram Lok Sabha Constituency) Dr M.K.Vishnuprasad (representing Arani Lok Sabha Constituency) Dr K.Jayakumar (representing Tiruvallur Lok Sabha Constituency) and Dr Kanimozhi NVN Somu (Rajya Sabha).
- Shri Ganesh, Divisional Railway Manager, Chennai Division and Principal Heads of the Departments of Southern Railway also participated in the meeting.
- Shri B.G.Mallya, General Manager (Incharge) Southern Railway, welcomed the dignitaries and appraised the Hon’ble MPs about the various aspects of Southern Railway working, detailing the achievements and development of various passenger amenities and highlighted the various infrastructural developmental works that are in progress and those completed successfully during the pandemic.
- The Hon’ble MPs were informed about the various works undertaken by Railways especially in respect of cleanliness of railway premises, station development, as well as the dedicated service of the railway employees during the pandemic lockdown and post pandemic period especially in running of Oxygen specials, Shramik Special Trains for transporting the migrant workers to their home states during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as Parcel Cargo Express Trains carrying essential commodities across the zone to serve the public.
- Hon’ble MPs held discussions on various aspects related to train services, stoppages, passenger facilities, expeditious completion of railway projects, etc.
- The Hon’ble MPs also offered their valuable suggestions for the improvement of services and development of Southern Railway.
Source: Southern Railway-Press Release