On 19.11.2020 General Manager Shri Rajiv Chaudhry inspected NCR’s electric locomotive trip shed at New Delhi. Commissioned in June 1984 this shed caters to trip and minor maintenance of electric locomotives working in 23 important trains including Rajdhani, Shramshakti, Shivganga, Mahabodhi, GT Express, Kerala Express and other prestigious trains operating over North Central Railway and other zones.
- Proper functioning of trip shed is critical to safe, efficient and punctual operation of these important trains and average 19 coaching locomotives are attended in this trip shed on a daily basis.
- General Manager Shri Chaudhry inspected safety critical maintenance practices in the shed and checked various equipment, tools and gauges used in trip maintenance of locomotives.
- He inspected different maintenance sections of the trip shed and checked the cleaning arrangement of locomotives.
- To avoid wheel slip during moist weather conditions, locomotives are equipped with sanding gear to apply sand between wheel and rail to get required adhesion without wheel slip.
- Shri Chaudhry inspected functioning of sanding gear in under maintenance locomotive no. 37167 and also checked sand supply and filling arrangement for locomotives and gave instruction for proper maintenance of this important locomotive system specially during winters and moist weather.
- For safety of the workman, proper OHE isolation is must for any work on a locomotive roof or on a high voltage system.
- GM Shri Chaudhry checked the isolation record and instructed that key for OHE isolation must be exchanged under proper written acknowledgement without any exception.
- The General Manager also reviewed progress of renovation work being done in the trip shed.
- He also inspected staff amenities in the New Delhi trip shed and advised officials to provide tea/ coffee machines for staff of the trip shed.
During inspection of General Manager, Sr DEE (Operation) of Agra division Shri Ahab Ahmad and Sr DEE (Operation) of Delhi division Shri Rachit Khanna were present along with the technical supervisors and staff of NCR’s trip shed New Delhi.
Meanwhile, on 03.11.2020, General Manager Shri Rajiv Chaudhry reviewed position of safety, 160 Kmph speed raising work, freight loading and other important works over North Central Railway through video conferencing with PHODs of North Central Railway and Divisional Railway Managers Prayagraj, Jhansi and Agra.
- At the outset GM Shri Rajiv Chaudhry congratulated divisions and HQ officials for outstanding loading performance and completion of important infrastructural works in October 2020.
- GM also stressed the need to continue a high level of precautions against Covid-19 to mitigate any chance of increase in cases on North Central Railway.
- During safety review, precautions to be taken during shunting operation and unloading of bagged consignment from wagons were discussed.
- GM Shri Chaudhry directed for strict compliance of laid down procedures and advised divisions to launch a drive to check condition of track and other infrastructure in sidings to identify deficiencies and immediate correction of such deficiencies.
- To inculcate safety culture and to sensitize field staff on safety critical matters 06 safety drives have been conducted on North Central Railway so far in the current financial year. These are:
- Drives on prevention of trespassing of Railway tracks.
- Proper securing of rolling stock in stations and sections.
- Safety precautions at work sites near running lines.
- Proper maintenance of points and crossings.
- Through examination of DG set of container trains for prevention of fire hazards.
- Precautions to be taken during loading and unloading of wagons.
- Status of works for 160 kmph speed raising in New Delhi-Howrah including Kanpur-Lucknow section and New Delhi-Mumbai section was also reviewed in the meeting.
- Tenders for works of upgradation in track, signaling, OHE etc. for 160 Kmph operation in New Delhi-Howrah and New Delhi-Mumbai routes falling on NCR are being invited by concerned executing agencies.
- Reviewing the position of this work, GM Shri Chaudhry directed concerned departments to incorporate a proper checklist in the tenders for objective assessment of progress of critical activities and advised PHODs to put a system in place to monitor smooth supply of materials required in execution of this important speed enhancement work.
Source: North Central Railway-Press Release